Requirements for applying for certificates.
In order to be eligible to apply for any type of certificates listed below, the school, club, association or organization (thereafter the “Organization”) needs to be associated with Life ITF.
If the Organization, for instance, named “Sun TaeKwon-Do Centre” is associated with a larger Organization that is a direct Member of Life ITF, say “Global TaeKwon-Do Association”, then Life ITF deals directly with Global TaeKwon-Do Association. Any Organization that is a second-generation from Life ITF deals with its mother Organization.
In the previous case, Sun TaeKwon-Do Centre shall submit all the fees and paperwork to Global TaeKwon-Do Association, which will the submit those fees and documents to Life ITF. The application form shall be signed by the examiner and the Leader of Global TaeKwon-Do Association.
There are three types of certificates in Life ITF.
- Grade (급/級/Gup) Certificates (9th Grade to 1st Grade)
- Degree (단/段/Dan) or Black Belt Certificates (1st Degree to 9th Degree)
- Instructor Certificates
- Assistant Instructor (1st to 3rd Degree)
- International Instructor (4th to 6th Degree)
- Master Instructor (7th to 9th Degree)
How to acquire certificate applications?
Unlike registering for Membership, which is the first thing any Organization must do before they associate with Life ITF. Once registered as a Member, the next thing to do as a Member is to apply for certificate transfers. Please get in touch with Life ITF and a representative will guide you through the application process.
The Examination Structure
For Master Level examiners or above
- 9th degree: two 9th degree examiners or higher
- 8th degree: two 8th degree examiners or higher
- 7th degree: two 7th degree examiners or higher
- Up to 6th degree: one Master Level examiner or above (7th degree or higher)
For International Level Examiners:
- 6th degree examiners: examine up to 3rd degree applicants
- 4th or 5th degree examiners: examine up to 2nd degree applicants
|Situation||Who can examine|
|Applicant going for 1st degree||– one 4th to 9th degree examiner|
|Applicant going for 4th degree||– one 7th to 9th degree examiner|
|Applicant going into 7th degree (Master level)||– Two 7th degrees
– One 7th degree, another 8th degree
– One 7th degree, another 9th degree
– Two 8th degrees
– One 8th degree, another 9th degree
– Two 9th degrees
Certificate Information & Fees
- Grade (Colour Belt) Certificates are 5 USD each, minimum 10 order if such order has only Grade Certificates.
- Degree (Black Belt) Certificates are divided into three tiers (1-3 Dan, 4-6 Dan, 7-9 Dan)
- 1st, 2nd & 3rd Dan: 45 USD each
- 4th, 5th & 6th Dan: 100 USD each
- 7th, 8th & 9th Dan: 200 USD each
- Instructor Certificates are also divided into the same three tiers as Degree Certificates (1-3 Dan, 4-6 Dan, 7-9 Dan)
- 1st, 2nd & 3rd Dan (Assistant Instructor): 45 USD each
- 4th, 5th & 6th Dan (International Instructor): 100 USD each
- 7th, 8th & 9th Dan (Master Instructor): 200 USD each
- Orders of 50 USD or above are subject to a 15 USD payment processing fee.
- To avoid such fee, applying for multiple certificates along with will waive the payment processing fee.